3.20.2007

OH CAPTAIN, MY CAPTAIN???

First off, let me make this clear: I will never, EVER give up on the Rudy T. movement.

But I have to admit it hit a huge speed bump today when I called his agent, Jesse Brown, in an effort to speak with the legend himself.

First the agent gives me the run-around routine about Rudy being busy scouting for the Lakers.

Once I pushed a little more, I get this generic quote e-mailed to me from the agent via Rudy: "I admire and respect Coach Amaker and the job he has done at Michigan. I am encouraged that the program is headed in a positive direction. I will always pull for and support the Michigan Wolverines."

Real ground-breaking journalism.

At this point, I finally caved and told him that Ann Arbor is about to go post-apocalyptic unless "T" comes back to coach.

Apparently, I ruffled some feathers as Jesse shot back, "That's exactly the kind of thing Rudy doesn't want to be involved in. He has no intention of coaching as of now."

Needless to say, it's a sad, sad day. What are troops supposed to do when we find out our leader doesn't want us?

No comments: