2.06.2005

Back to Realety

Sorry I haven't blogged in a long time, but I was going through something of a personal crisis. You see, there's an inevitable downswing that occurs when you've done something amazing. After writing the movie script, sending it out and talking to big-name Hollywood figures, and spitting constant fire on the blog, I lost my way. I didn't know where to go from there and how I could maintain this level of realety. Now, don't get it twisted - I wasn't being a Coot McCoot. I was going through the same self-destructive creative process that every genius in history has gone through - Einstein, Van Gogh, Anders Bard, Hovito, etc. Actually, I take it back. Anders Bard is no genius - but his blue dog is. Anyway, sorry for the digression.

At one point in that phase, I decided to call it quits, like MJ in his prime, like Hov at Madison Square Garden. I thought that maybe being real was played out. Maybe there's more to life than total obnoxiousness and shameless self promotion. Maybe having an incredibly high opinion of yourself wasn't the way to approach my day to day activities. Streets was talking about how it's wack to use a blog as a shameless way to promote and advertise the ridiculous things you do. I didn't know what to do.

But then, something happened. Jim came home from a long, difficult day at NBC and handed me a book. At first, I couldn't see the title because my face was covered with chicken parm, but after a moment I looked at the title and I realized that I had to get back on the grind. The title of the book? Blue Dog Love. It was almost as if Anders Bard had showed up at my door and called me a Coot McCoot to my face. Something in me flipped and I'm ashamed to ever have thought that being real wasn't my true calling in life.

I'm back. I'm real. And this blog will tell you about my realety.

No comments: