7.24.2007

2007 BIG TEN PREVIEW: NORTHWESTERN

It's a race against time with Big Ten Media Day speeding toward us. We're almost halfway home! The Big 10 team-by-team breakdown takes a quick stop in Evanston to check on the Purple People Eaters at Northwestern.

2006 Record: 4-8 (2-6 Big Ten)
Projected 2007 Finish: 7th
Returning Starters: 15
Head Coach: Pat Fitzgerald
Best Player: RB Tyrell Sutton

5 Reasons for Optimism:
- Football season also means women's soccer season!
- Sutton is on pace to become the leading rusher in NU history
- Won 2 of their last 3 and played Michigan "close"
- Don't have to play Wisconsin or Penn St. - how convenient
- If worst comes to worst, we hear Gary Barnett is interested...

5 Reasons for Pessimism:
- The 'Cats averaged 16.5 PPG in 2006, ranking them below Buffalo
- Blew a 35 point lead to John L. Smith!
- And lost to I-AA New Hampshire by 17 at home
- Pat Fitzgerald is in way, way over his head
- Start the Big 10 season with OSU and Michigan - pass the Astroglide...

Realety:
Folks in Evanston are talking bowl game (if only because making a bowl game means nothing and their schedule is pathetic)!


Hmmm, wonder if this will be in next year's Media Guide...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How bad will Northeastern beat them on opening day?

sports handicapping software said...

Thank you for sharing your journey, it is very inspiring, and I use it to motivate me with my own fat loss journey.

Lindsayfzfo said...

Thank you for sharing your journey, it is very inspiring, and I use it to motivate me with my own fat loss journey.

Bookmaking said...

wow very nice picture of those girls kisses, I gotta say that I love when 2 hot girls like those kiss each other, wait what was this post about?? I forgot! LOL