With Big Ten Media Day just days away, the Big 10 team-by-team breakdown is picking up steam. Up next: The Glen Mason-less Minnesota Golden Gophers.
2006 Record: 6-7 (3-5 Big Ten)
Projected 2007 Finish: 8th
Returning Starters: 17
Head Coach: Tim Brewster
Best Player: RB Amir Pinnix
5 Reasons for Optimism:
- School finally realized players can't respect a coach that fake bakes
- Schedule includes BGSU, Miami (OH), at FAU, North Dakota St.
- Pinnix is the best back in the Big Ten (besides Mike Hart, of course)
- LBJ drought is at one year, which should buy Brewster a decade or so
- According to this web cam, TCF Bank Stadium is really comin' along!
5 Reasons for Pessimism:
- Coming off the biggest bowl collapse in college football history
- Punter Justin Kucek not exactly clutch
- Ranked 117th in pass defense, and that's before they found out...
- ... Their star CB is going to spend the season getting railed in jail
- New coach about as qualified for a Big 10 job as Punky Brewster